Who is Eligible for JobMaker?
JobMaker Hiring credit involves two levels of payments:
- $200 per week – for every new eligible staff member aged 16-29 years old
- $100 per week – for every new eligible staff member aged 30-35 years old.
To be eligible for JobMaker, your employees must:
- Be aged 16-35 years old
- Have been hired after 7 October 2020 and before 6 October 2021.
- Work a minimum of 20 hours per week (averaged over the quarter)
- Have received a JobSeeker, Youth allowance or Parenting payment for at least 4 consecutive weeks during the previous three months before employment.
As an employer, to be eligible for JobMaker, you must:
- Not currently be receiving JobKeeper payments
- Be registered for PAYG Withholding tax
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be up to date with tax lodgements
- Be reporting to the ATO via Single Touch Payroll
How do I Register for JobMaker?
To register, you will need to go to the ATO online services or business portal. You will require information such as your baseline headcount and baseline payroll amount. A Registered Tax agent can also assist you with the correct registration for your business now to ensure you can claim payments if and when you hire new and eligible staff.
How do I Claim my JobMaker Hiring Credits?
JobMaker Hiring credits need to be claimed each quarter. The first payment is claimable from 1 February 2021. This is also available through ATO online services or the Business Portal. Here you will need to verify your eligibility, nominate your eligible employees and ensure your headcount and payroll expenses have increased during the claiming period. You will then be able to complete the payment transfer details.
Getting Help with JobMaker Hiring Credits
Completing a new process for the first time is always confusing. It pays to get help to ensure you are doing the right thing to be eligible to claim credits. Diverse are Registered Tax Agents and are across all the new JobMaker Hiring Credit registration and claiming process. Let us help you access this much needed hiring credit to help your business get back on track.